Burn Amarr Still Going Strong
In case you haven’t noticed from our lovely Map set to ships destroyed in the last hour/last 24 hours, Burn Amarr isn’t just about the Amarr system (as we suspected). Goonswarms are going after the subsystems. Which means you should seriously be avoiding those systems unless you want to be a statistic.
Avoid these systems for at least the next 24 hours:
- Sarum Prime
- Madirmilire (2973 ships destroyed in the last 24 hours)
- Niarja (1960 ships destroyed in the last 24 hours)
It’ll make your routes extra long if you’re moving between hi-sec to Providence, but seriously, don’t be a n00b.
Want to see how Day 2 ended? Read it here on Eve24.
Null Sec: Is it Really That Bad? Yes.
As people start snooping in Providence, we’re going to see some transition from Virgins to The Council. If you’re ever interested in switching over the Council, give Richard Branson a holler and he’ll give you a play-by-play on your options.
Here’s some basics on not getting podkilled immediately in Providence:
- Expect you’re going to die…be hyperparanoid about it.
- Cloak is your friend. Cloak, Cloak, Cloak.
- Try to never warp to 0m to a spot in the system (unless you’re jumping, in which case see bullet #1). I personally like 100km, but you’ll find that others enjoy 200km…500km…basically perch spots.
- Clones. I’ll eventually do an article on getting a clone since I know a number of you have no idea what I’m talking about.
- Don’t fly with expensive implants unless you plan to lose them.
- If you see red, run.
- Assume everyone in the system has seen you in local, and has done a KOS (Kill on Sight) check on you if you’re a Virgin. To them you’re a neutral with no standing, and therefore a potential threat.
- Don’t shoot anyone.
- Don’t be an idiot on local.
- Stay in Providence or The Catch
- Get Richard Branson to give you a tour.
Want to add to The N00b? Send tips, tricks, ideas, articles, and feedback to Skempo Dactyl or Erani Daern.
oV Fly safe.